This in-depth course on the HIPAA/HITECH Act breach regulations provides detailed information for developing a breach response plan. It includes scenarios that illustrate how breaches typically occur, ranging from staff carelessness or lack of knowledge to deliberate criminal acts that specifically target health care facilities and plans.
The Breaches Trainer's Kit
includes the video course on DVD along with training slide sets, response checklists, sample policies, evaluation forms, breach notification letters, sign-in sheets, certificates of completion and more. Everything included for $475. (DVD only for $379.)
The Breaches Online Video Kit
includes the video course online along with training slide sets, response checklists, sample policies, evaluation forms, breach notification letters, sign-in sheets, certificates of completion and more. All this for only $13 per learner. One-year license, free LMS, one-time setup fee of $95.
Who it is for:
Administrative, supervisory, and management staff with responsibilities to maintain awareness of breach reporting requirements, and respond or investigate when a potential breach occurs.
What you will learn:
- The HIPAA definition of a “Breach” and guidance on determining whether Protected Health Information (PHI) has in fact been compromised.
- How to investigate, document and respond whenever PHI may have been used, accessed, or disclosed in violation of the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Mitigation, sanctions, notification, and reporting requirements.
- Three exceptions to a reportable breach.
- How breaches can hurt your patients, your reputation, and your bottom line.