EEOC compliance and employment law basics in one easy-to-watch employment law training course.
It's a challenge to be a supervisor these days. You've got to get the job done—often with fewer employees and a tighter budget. Plus, you're expected to know exactly what to do or say every time a "people problem" comes up. This manager and supervisor training video was created to help you find your way through the maze of employment laws and regulations, while at the same time maximizing the performance of your workers.
This employment law video goes behind the scenes when a new manager takes over a team in the middle of an important project. Our narrator, Alan Levins, an Employment Law Attorney with Littler Mendelson PC, The National Employment and Labor Law Firm®, explains critical legal issues as you witness this manager's struggle to win the respect and cooperation of her sometimes unruly crew.
Key learning points include:
- 12 basic employment law issues that every manager needs to understand
- Legal and effective performance management, discipline and termination.
- Covers EEOC compliance, FMLA basics, ADA and more
Knowledge of employment law, as well as solid principles of people management, constitute basic survival training for every supervisor. While each day brings new challenges, there are actions you can take not only to survive, but to thrive, in the modern workplace.
Leaders, managers and supervisors who watch this video will learn how to:
- Communicate policies and procedures
- Classify employees under Wage and Hour laws
- Limit use of electronic resources
- Know the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Create and use job descriptions
- Evaluate employee performance
- Discipline properly
- Terminate legally
- Avoid discrimination
- Prevent harassment
- Communicate effectively
Legal content provided by the Legal Learning Group®, a division of Littler Mendelson, PC®.
This 44-page booklet reinforces the 12 survival skills presented in the video, including establishing ground rules, the effective use of job descriptions, and maintaining a discrimination-free environment.
Sold in packs of 10
20+ $5 ea
50+ $4 ea